View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 AM

Shania on Oprah: May 3, 2011!

Post from Shaniafannum1 on The Shania Forums:

I was lucky enough to score tickets to the Oprah show for today (April 28)!! All I can say is AMAZING!!

When we arrived at Harpo Studios, most people in line didn't even know it was the Shania filming. After a ton of waiting, my mom and I were seated towards the back and waited for Shania to grace the stage. The segment was very detailed and her book sounds very in depth. They talked a lot about Shania's childhood and Mutt's betrayal. Carrie and Fred were both in the audience- Carrie cried but Shania was able to keep her composure.

They showed a ton of clips of Why Not? And the show looks awesome! Should be a good, interesting watch. They also showed a clip of Shania going to a bar in Oak Lawn, IL, to surprise a male fan that loves to sinng MIFLAW for karaoke. Shania then surprised him with a trip to Nashville in June (during Fan Fair) to have brunch with her!!

Couple more side notes: Shania uses a lot of hairspray, Oprah commented that it was making her nauseous lol. Saw Shania leave with Fred and Carrie and Fred waved. I'm a true stalker, can't help it lol.

And the best part- Shania/Oprah are sending everyone in the audience to Nashville for two days for that brunch with Shania!! I'm so excited, I couldn't contain myself lol. And they're setting us up at the Opryland!!

And as for new music: she stated that she is very much wanting to sing again but I think the docuseries will really show that journey. No dates or timelines were given. I would have rathered they discussed her music more but it was Oprah- gotta get the emotions going.