View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Shania's Autobiography: May 3, 2011! Cover photo

http://www.shaniatwain.com/news_arc...124&sectionID=1

SHANIA SIGNS BOOK DEAL! 22/09/2010 9:00am

ATRIA BOOKS INKS DEAL FOR SHANIA TWAIN MEMOIR

(NEW YORK) – September 22, 2010. Superstar Shania Twain has signed an agreement with Atria Books, an imprint of Simon and Schuster, to publish her autobiography, it was announced today by Judith Curr, Executive Vice President and Publisher of Atria Books and Washington Square Press. Curr acquired world rights from Robert B. Barnett of Williams & Connolly LLP and Sarah Durand, Senior Editor, will edit. Atria plans to publish the book in spring 2011.

In this yet to be titled autobiography, Shania Twain shares her challenging and sometimes shockingly painful upbringing in rural Ontario, the tragic death of her mother and stepfather, her "against all odds" rise to fame in a foreign entertainment industry, the hurdles she faced as a female outsider in the male-dominated world of country music and the recent struggles in her personal life.

“When I read Shania’s manuscript, it amazed me how rich, clear, unfiltered and honest she was,” said Judith Curr. “There is a depth that comes through in her writing. The book will be a help and inspiration to many and those who think they know her from her music will be surprised at the raw and personal place she writes from.”

"There have been moments in my life I was concerned by the reality that tomorrow would never come. Recently I experienced one of those moments to an intensity that brought on a sudden urgency to document my life before I ran out of time, before I had the opportunity to share an honest and complete account of my life, in my own words. There are times in your life that are meant for reflection, and this was one of them. I began writing this book with a sincere respect for the past, present and future as something never to be taken for granted," said Twain.

Shania Twain rose to fame in the early 1990s with her debut album Shania Twain (1993), and achieved worldwide success with her 1997 album Come On Over, which became the best-selling album of all time by a female musician, and the best selling country album of all time. A five-time Grammy Award winner, Twain has also achieved major success as a songwriter, winning 27 BMI Songwriter awards. Despite the fact Twain has released very few albums, she has sold over 75 million albums worldwide to date, including 48 million in the U.S. Her docu-series on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network will debut in the spring. This is her first book.

# # #

Atria Books is an imprint of Simon & Schuster, a part of the CBS Corporation. Simon & Schuster is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Online, and international companies in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information about Atria, visit our website at http://imprints.simonandschuster.biz/atria.