View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Board Administrator

Oh Toby, what made you say this

Toby Keith Proud of Sales

By Neil Haislop, Country Forever Productions

NASHVILLE, TN Tuesday 12.2.2003 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- In its third week of release, Toby Keith's "Shock 'n' Y'All" CD sold an additional 163,739 units, bringing to about a week away from scanning Platinum (already certified Double Platinum for units shipped). The NMC artist is proud that he is selling big under the country banner.

"I think being in a country-music-only genre, I don't get any pop play, I don't get any AC rock play," Toby notes. Shania and Faith and some of those have managed to get over there and get tremendous airplay over there. I think we're very proud that we stayed in a country format, that I write my own songs, and that we manage to sell as many in our window as we sold. It's miraculous I think, it's unbelievable that as small as the country window is in the world, that we reach that many people."

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/ne...cle.php?id=4324

It makes it sound like Shania has done a bad thing. He likes her too. Toby has gotten exposure outside country, he may not realize that. His "Courtesy of the red white and blue" was HUGE!!

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain