View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 06:13 PM

spanish new single

as the slogan said "spain is different" and here universal has made a rare shania promotion

stated with iggg, releasing the singles, then promoted ka-ching, with video and radio promotion, not single release,fafa was promoted only in tv,thank you baby was promoted in october in only one radio station, the second most important here in spain, "cadena100",during 1 month , when you kiss me debuted in sol musica music channel, but for now i only saw it 1 time,it's something strange, maybe they did the premiere but nothing more, and now the new single is "up" with it's playing at europa fm,one of the best radio stations here,but not the most popular.

well this is the up! promo in spain:
october 2002
tv:iggg
radio:iggg
shops:iggg :2 singles

november 2002
shops:iggg maxi single; up 2cd edition;posters

december 2002
shops:up 2cd editon;posters;platinum & specials dvd's release

january 2003:
shops:nothing new

february 2003
tv:ka-ching
radio:ka-ching
shops:nothing new

march 2003:
tv & radio:ka-ching

april 2003
tv & radio ka-ching

may 2003:
tv & radio ka-ching

june 2003
tv:ka-ching ; fafa debut
radio:ka-ching a few airplay

july 2003:
tv:fafa with a few airplay

august 2003
tv:fafa few airplay

september 2003
radio:ka-ching & fafa with a few airplay

october 2003
tv:tyb & fafa & ka-ching few airplay
radio ka-ching & tyb with a few airplay
shops:up 1cd edition red cover

november 2003:
tv:wykm debut and death
radio ka-ching few airplay
shops:up live chicago dvd:2 weeks after intenational release

december 2003:
radio:up debut

well after all this explanation we should say that real singles in spain were iggg & ka-ching , fafa was played less than 20 times in the summer times in music channels, tyb only debuted in tv & was only promoted in 1 radio station during 30 days, when you kiss me only debuted 1 time in sol musica music channel, and now up it's been played in 1 radio staion only, we'll see how long & in shania's visit to spain it was played in one of the most important tv series once & she only visit 1 tv during her visit to operacion triunfo show,spanish version of american idol.

if i don't forget nothing i think this is all, and if i did, spanish fans will correct me,willie nelson's album as not been released yet and dolly's album as no promotion,and her new dvd was released later than other countries, i understand that she won't came to spain in her 2004 tour.