View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 03:55 PM

Fan Review: Pepsi Arena - Albany, NY Oct. 11

Hi fellow Shania Fans,

My husband and I were at the super fantastic show in Boston Oct. 7, and extremely lucky to go again yesterday in Albany Oct 11 -with 3rd row seats.

We left from New Hampshire, on our 3.5 hour journey to Albany (Shania CD's blaring the whole trip) and arrived early - What a nice city.
I wonder how people knew we were going to the Shania Concert? lol

Comparing the 2, the Albany Concert was just as good, maybe even better due to better sound acoustics. Shania's high energetic performance and that of her very talented band and crew showed no tiredness after over 2 weeks of touring and aggressive schedules.

The only negative comment is the Pepsi Arena was extremely warm- it must have been 83 degrees - which made everyone a little uncomforatble. There was also a lot of young "men" outside the Arena selling "boot-leg" T-Shirts. ( I advise future concert goers NOT to buy their junk)

James Otto ( http://www.james-otto.com/ ) started the evening to warm us up, maybe this where all the heat came from. lol
This young man is one hot guitar player and singer. He appeared more comfortable on stage the second time we saw him (maybe it was just that the arena was a little smaller than Boston's). Pay close attention to his new single called ''Days of our Lives'', a very good song.
Thank you James - for a good 25 min opening act. !
Don't be shy about requesting your favorite radio station to play his songs (and remember to keep up the requests for Shania's songs, too!)

As the stage was reset and light and camera crew got in place, I enjoyed sitting with other dedicated and polite fans and a few of us reviewed our autograph seeking techniques and talked about previous concerts we'd attended.

With my most valued Shania memoribilia in hand ( Shania "Forever and Always" Doll I won on the charity auction
(http://www.shania-twain.org/fundraiser2003/29.jpg ).
I anxiously awaited :
" Are you Ready , Albany - I Said - ARE YOU READY ALBANY " !!!!

Shania started with "Man, I feel like a woman" to the cheers of the audience.

It was magical, everyone was singing along , I even heard my usually quiet husband singing " woman I feel like a man (-:

With the center stage setup and large screen monitors, everyone had a good view. The audience was quite courteous and aware of not blocking the view of others. Signs were discouraged. Security did a better job of limiting fans getting close to the stage because of safety issues with special effects & camera cables which were in constant motion for the benefit of all fans viewing the close-up details by screen. She did sign numerous autographs , but Shania was able to safely maintain more connection with the audience with these limits in place.

Shania continued her wardrode theme and started the concert wearing an Albany River Rats hockey jersey, http://www.albanyriverrats.com/
She later changed to a neon lime green spaghetti strap top (with belly view), zipper accented black pants, and wearing large 2" platform boots which she wraps in color coordinating neon green ribbon. She later changed shirts to a silvery glitter one.
At the end she was wearing another sports jersey from Siena College http://sienasaints.ocsn.com/

Some fan highlights were:

- 2 cute girls (?age 3&5) sang "When " "1,2,3,4" to Shania - they where real sweet and gave her a big hug.

- a dedicated fan recognized by Shania for being at most concerts (20) proposed to his girlfriend - who was sitting in another section of the arena - and this was the only concert she could get to.

- As the song " I'm outta here" was being sung, Shania signed my 'Always and Forever Doll' !!! caught by the close up monitors. !
Shania then returned to center stage, and the entire band disappeared as they were lowered out of view...but only temporarily.

- "Forever and For Always" was the Best !

- An encore performance consisting of 3 additional songs was a visual & audio extravaganza which will never be forgotten by anyone present !!!

Song List at Albany , Oct 11 :
( Thanks to "pljr" for the list ! )
  1. Man I Feel Like A Woman
    UP!
    Honey I'm Home
    C'est La Vie
    Forever and For Always
    Love Get's Me Every Time
    She's Not Just A Pretty Face
    Don't Be Stupid
    When You Kiss Me
    I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)
    Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
    From This Moment On
    Thank You Baby
    No One Needs To Know
    The Woman In Me
    That Don't Impress Me Much
    What A Way To Wanna Be
    Medley: -
    When / You Win My Love / Come On Over / I'm Holding On To Love -
    I'm Gonna Getcha Good
    In My Car
    If Your Not In It For Love (I'm out of here)
    Encore - You're Still The One
    Any Man of Mind
    Rock This Country

ps: i didn't bring a camera, can someone send or post pics ?

Thanks Shania ! for a awesome show !

- Carolyn

and here is link to Times Union review:
" Twain gives her fans their money's worth"
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStorie...date=10/12/2003