View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

You guys have pretty much covered it all. FV, thanks for the "play by play" I can't add any more except my own personal observations. I think Martha did a great job in bringing us up to speed on Shania as a guest on her show. I'm sure some of the audience there and at home doesn't know a lot about Shania. The horse riding segment was very interesting. You could tell Shania was thoroughly enjoying herself. Shania made me nervous every time she started to slice and dice. She was doing it kind of fast at times and one slip could delay her next album. I'm glad Martha finally admitted her version was wrong on the poutin [spelling?]. That was a surprise for me because I've heard of it for years, but never really knew what it was. She surprised me with "Yesterday" as her favorite song. I thought it would be a country song from her youth or something. Of the Beatles, it is just about my favoritie as well. It is a simple song, but written brilliantly and is timeless. I liked the chef's dish, except for the chicken livers. Not crazy about those. The little demonstration on how to make those little silk bags with rice sprayed with "Shania" was awesome. Usually I find such things boring, but not this time.

Finally, I found this show very interesting from my prospective. What I mean is that to me, we saw a different side of Shania Twain we rarely see. We saw Eilleen just being herself. Also, and don't get me wrong I love it when she is, she wasn't all glamourously made up.like she will be tonight. She was pretty today, like the girl next door. I liked that.

Steve