View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 PM

In my opinion, Shania wouldn't be the type of artist to do that. She has stated time and again that she never cares about how many records she sells. It's all about the thrill of songwriting, what the fans think, how they respond in her shows, etc. Even though she's in that elite group of superstar sellers with ridiculously large album sales totals, she's not that kind of person. She's too humble.

If you want my opinion, though, I would have to agree in one sense. But I would like to see, and wouldn't be surprised if, someday, she did achieve the milestone of having the biggest-selling album of all time, by ANY GENDER artist. That would just solidify her claim to being driven, to making it, not only for her siblings but for her parents---above all---the ultimate "told you so" to Nashville. I would love to see the faces of, say, the CMA members when they're watching the news and the headlines read:

"It's official. Shania Twain's latest album has been certified by the RIAA and Nielson SoundScan as the biggest-selling album by any artist of any genre."

Women have always been overlooked, or underestimated, in the music industry, I think. I would love that the biggest-selling album would be by a female. Just love it.

But, not by a two-disc release. One of those every once in awhile is okay, but doing that for album after album is just a low marketing move that shows an artist's true intentions of the music business.

Shania is so much better than that. Someday, I predict, she will reach even more honorable milestones than she already has. People will always continue to underestimate her. Funny enough, every time that happens, she proved them wrong by doing something even more jaw-dropping.