View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:36 PM

8/9

We boarded the bus and headed for CMT studios. It was going to be a long journey, but it was already obvious that it was going to be a fun one. The tour was very interesting - although.... where were the pictures of Shania that should have been on their walls, hmm? The group was split in two, so while one was inside on the tour, the other was waiting in the parking lot. Our group went in first. Cody got excited when he saw a clip of Shania discussing her perfume and his happy fingers were dancing away. He did have to step out with Sam for a bit, but he did get to see most of it. The clip of Shania was beyond a doubt, the highlight of his tour. During our wait in the parking lot, Sam enjoyed chatting with another professional driver - Sharon. She was just as much a part of our group as the conventioneers before we got done. MANY thanks to the CMT employee who unlocked the door and took us back inside to buy a couple of soft drinks!

There was a brief trivia contest which took place in the parking lot which was not Shania related (ie. I had no clue). We each got a CMT sticker to take with us. I wish it had been labelled CMT Canada - the other one, I don't wish to support with a sticker on my car.

We traveled on to Vaughn Mall for a lunch break and a bit of time to shop. Tracy made two stuffed bears for her kids. Sam bought a pair of socks. (He looks sexy in his socks) Although the food court was crowded, Frenchy and Lyn were just leaving their table, so Sam, Cody and I were able to sit there. We spotted Sharon at a table by herself, so Sam went over to invite her to join us, and she did. It was a very pleasant lunch!

We got back on the bus and rode for a few more hours on to Deerhurst. Cody and I sat together. Sam was right in front of us with Linda and Irene was right across from us. We had a running joke going on that Sam and Irene had a thing going, and Sam and Linda ALso had a thing going on. Busy man!!!

Deerhurst is stunningly beautiful. The scenery is simply gorgeous and SO peaceful. I can see why Shania would want to have that as one of her getaway places. The meal was delicious and we were able to get to know even more Shania family members.

The show didn't go so well for Cody. It was just way too loud with too many lights and too many people. Debbie noted later that it's odd that none of that bothered him too much at a Shania concert. After one song, Sam left the room with Cody so I could enjoy the show. When the intermission came along and they had not yet returned, I went to check on them. Cody was still overwhelmed. I told Sam that I really wasn't able to enjoy the show when I was worried about them, so we went outside where it was completely quiet. He was instantly calmed down. It was so restful and quiet, with just the breeze blowing through the trees. Gorgeous night. Once the show ended, we bussed to North Bay. Aaaaaaaah, time to sleep. The North Bay hotel was much more organized than Toronto's Stay Inn had been.