View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 12:42 PM

Possible Clue To CMA Surprise
Posted by Nashville Narc in CMA Awards, Shania Twain

Ok...so there is no denying that everyone has been guessing Shania is the CMA Surprise. Trust me we got an email about an even bigger surprise. Maybe that means there is actually two?! All I know is that the Shania fan club just sent this out:

CMA Awards Ticket Giveaway for the Shania Twain Fan Club

Shania has had many great memories from the CMA Awards. Over the years, she has been an integral part of the show, as a performer, a nominee and an award winner:
Nominations:
* 2005 - Musical Event of the Year"Party For Two" (Shania Twain w/ Billy Currington)
* 1999 - Entertainer of the Year
* 1999 - Female Vocalist of the Year
* 1998 - Album of the Year Come on Over - Mercury Nashville
* 1996 - Female Vocalist of the Year
* 1996 - Horizon Award
* 1996 - Song of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" (Shania Twain and R.J. Lange)
* 1995 - Horizon Award* 1995 - Single of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" - Mercury Nashville
* 1995 - Music Video of the Year"Any Man Of Mine" (directed by Charley Randazzo)Awards:
* 1999 - Entertainer of the Year

Shania's win as the 1999 Entertainer of the Year puts her in very limited ranks amongst women who've claimed Country's top prize, including - in order: Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks.

To celebrate country's biggest night, we have an opportunity for Shania's biggest fans. The CMA Awards have given the fan club a pair of tickets to giveaway to the show taking place at the Sommet Center in Nashville, TN on November 12. To submit an entry, it is easy. Just send an email to shaniatwaincontest@musictoday.com with your name, email address, address and fanclub member number.Entires must be received by 5 PM ET on 11/2/08. This is for tickets only. Accomodations and airfare will NOT be provided. Tickets will be will call only with no name changes. Do not enter if you do not plan on attending.We will notify the winner via email and announce on the fan club site.

You can make of this what you will....but I know we have some Shania fans on here....so did you guys get this last year? Just sayin'

http://www.nashvillenarc.com/2008/11...-surprise.html