View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 08:57 AM

The Big Night
-- Glue your hair-pieces down, kids. "The 38th Annual CMA Awards" airs live tonight (8-11 PM EST) on CBS, from the Grand Ole Opry House in Nashville.
Presenting the night's top honor, "Entertainer of the Year," will be Dolly Parton, who won the Award in 1978.

Reba McEntire, who is nominated for "Female Vocalist of the Year," will host Jim Foglesong's induction into the prestigious Country Music Hall of Fame.

Kris Kristofferson is being inducted in the annual "Open" category. Faith Hill and Willie Nelson will perform during the segment.

Tonight's performers include hosts Brooks & Dunn; Jimmy Buffett; Kenny Chesney; Faith Hill; Alan Jackson with Patty Loveless; Toby Keith; Martina McBride; Reba McEntire; Tim McGraw; George Strait; Josh Turner; Shania Twain with Billy Currington; Keith Urban; and Gretchen Wilson.

---CountryNation.com

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting for next year's show. NYC: Madison Square Garden. That means for the first time, tickets will be on sale for "civilians" who aren't contest winners. Let's hope Shania makes it in for that one. I'm planning on being there.