View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm Havin' A Party!

Send a message via ICQ to Shunyeuh Send a message via AIM to Shunyeuh Send a message via MSN to Shunyeuh Send a message via Yahoo to Shunyeuh
Mary here! I think I'm under Jessi's user's name, but here goes about the concert!

AWESOME!! I LOVED IT! And I think Jessi did too by all the yelling, screaming and jumping around she did!

spike so sorry about your accident, glad to hear that you and the other ones were ok. Wasn't that weather just aweful! It just poured, and was hailing. It was so bad for driving especially when you aren't familiar with the area. Let me tell you, I was sure doing my praying. And then when we missed getting in the turn lanes to get into the venue and had to backtrack to get back it was just aweful. But my prayers were answered, we made our way back and got into the parking. Had to take a dash for the arena, thank heavens for umbrella's!

Waited to see if anyone else showed up at our desinated meeting point, no one at first, so we checked out the arena, like where our seats were, got our Shania merchandise, ate, etc. Anyway! After getting back from all of that we returned to the desinated meet point still no one, but just as soon as Jess said guess no one is showing Up! We see Tee, Greg, the girls, Doc Bill, Deb and their kids and got introduced to another couple. Kirmmit and his wife I do believe. Was so nice seeing everyone. Had some good conversation.

Now to the review. Emerson Drive was good! Oh that lead singer sure is nice looking, sure has some good moves! After about a half hour of their music we played the waiting game till Shania time! But watching the setup was interesting. Talked to a couple of couples sitting on both sides of us, found out that they hadn't ever been to a Shania concert before. We told them that they were in for one awesome show!

Show time! Lights go out, the crowed starts screaming and yelling, the band members decend down to the stage, the music builds with Let's go, let's go! and then we hear "ARE YOU READY COLUMBUS?" Louder yelling and screaming then again "I SAID, ARE YOU READY COLUMBUS?!"
Of course you all know what comes next! Shania was awesome!
Shania's 1st outfit was black cargo pants with the diamond studs with a yellow tank top, 2nd outfit, same pants, with a hot pink top with sleeves. And here's the outfit I loved, and yep spike it was the BUCKEYES jersey (with the #4 on it) with a pair of real nice fitting jeans! And that jersey fit her so good! It wasn't one of those oversized one! Oh how I wish the pictures I had taken had turned out, the lighting just made such a glare for their faces and so forth that the pics didn't look good at all.
We'll try tonight! With 2 different cameras.

Well, I have to say, Shania sounded good to me, I didn't notice anything with her voice. Others I suppose did, but not me!
Shania went around the stage quite a few times, I went down a couple of times to get an autograph but to no prevail, someone else did, but I'll let her fill you in on that. The little bugger! I was so close to her. Such a beauty! Shania went down to the crowed a few times. Once in our area. Talking to a couple of girls, don't remember what about. Another time she was talking to a girl that told her something about her being in a coma and her sister played Shania's music everyday for her and that it brought
her out of the coma. Another time Shania spotted a family with little ones. Anyway, she just loved the 2 little ones and ask if they wanted to come on Up with her on stage. Shania carried the little boy and the girl held her hand as they went on up on stage. Don't know what the little girl said, but I heard Shania say, "well honey I can't carry both of you, you'll just have to walk up with me", or something to that sort. After getting back up on stage Shania then knelt down with the little one still on knee. They were so cute. Shania talked and asked them questions, the little one just kept laughing when Shania talked to him, of course that got her laughing and all the rest of us. She found out that the little boy was 3 yrs. and the girl was I think 4 years. Shania asked them if there was any songs that they knew the words to, don't know which one answered but we heard "Up! Up! Up!" Shania of course started singing and they sang along. Oh so cute!

Shania asked if there was anyone that knew the words to YSTO? Of course, everyone was yelling and waving. Shania said that if you got up there you had to know the words and sing. Well, the girl that got up didn't know a lot of the words, and she wasn't the best singer, but hey, she gets an A for effort! What a dream that had to be.

Before the two little kids got up on stage with Shania there was the drawing for the Food Bank charity raffle. A mother and daughter won. She asked them what was they favorite song that they wanted to hear. They wanted to hear SNJAPF! Can't remember all that was said but, the mother and daughter were going to sing the song, I think the daughter just froze, because the mother ended up singing the song. She did a fantastic job!

spike already mentioned the song selection so I won't get into that. I had a great time. Just love time with Shania. But it went by so quick. But hey, we got tonight! So I need to go get myself around for the Cincy concert. Hopefully the weather is better. And I really hope I can get some decent pictures tonight! But if not, I'll have my memories!

Cincy here we come!!!!

Mary R
I Had A Blast Giving Shania The Flowers And Seeing her Reaction! was the best Feeling Ever! Meeting Her Was Awesome! getting the oprah transcript signed was a blast and having her recognize me was cool!