View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 08:32 AM

Sometimes we get a bit too sensitive about things. This, I think, is one of those times. Toby has been and is a staunch supporter of Shania. I know he would not say anything bad about her to the press. I think he was making a comment about how happy he is that his album is doing well in the smaller "Country genre" only arena and I think it is a valid point. I gotta tell you after seeing Shania perform "You Shook Me All Night" about 50 times already she could very easily be a "rock star" if she wanted too-how hot was that performance??? Point being, she chooses to consider herself a country artist and still holds on to her country roots. While her roots may be in country soil her branches are everywhere and growing like mad. She's also has great business sense. In my own opinion I don't think artists stay in the "country only" genre out of dedication to the genre-it think it's because they either can't crossover or they are afraid to take the risk given what happened to Garth, the chicks, Faith, etc. It takes guts to do this music thing your own way and if I criticized Toby at all for his statement noted above it would be that he didn't add that to what he said. PS I did buy Toby's CD to support him given his support of Shania and I'm still glad I did. I just learned to perform "I Love This Bar" this week! Fun CD! DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST