View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I'm concerned with it being such a personal album, and Shania writing it all herself, that critics will find someway to tear into her no matter how good the material is.

You also have to realize that today's journalists are not the journalists of the 90's when she was just getting her start and on the rise in her career. Today's journalists may not be as familiar with Shania because they were babes back then. If her music isn't absolutely spectacular on the new album, they may just write her off as a vintage artist who's trying to make some new music later in her career. Sort of like Dolly Parton. I hate to say it but today's generation think people in their 30's and 40's are old. Shania is turning 50 this year. If her music doesn't appeal to the teens and the college kids, it may not stand much of a chance and will just be more of a dedicated fan album.

Don't lynch me for saying that. I have been a fan of Shania for almost twenty years. I became a fan in my early teens with the 'Woman In Me' album. So that should tell you how old I am.