View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I took my 3 song homemade CD with me yesterday to do some errands. My Ford Fusion has a Bose Speaker System, very good! If the rest of the album is as good as these songs are, then we will have something to savor.

It's like Shania is coming out of a cocoon. Poor Me is the tale of the hurt: "Still can't believe he'd leave me, To love her" - "I wish he'd never met her, Then everything would be the way it was".

Life's About To Get Good is about getting up off th floor and facing it. "I wasn't just broken, I was shattered, I trusted you so much, you're all that mattered. You no longer love me, and I sang like a sad bird" - "Oh! Life's about joy, life's about pain, It's all about forgiving, and the will to walk away. I'm ready to be loved, and love the way I should. Life's about, life's about to get good"

Then comes "Swingin" [Better Days Ahead. That Heavy Weight Of All The Years Of Infidelity & Pain Is Over]! "Life is short, nights are long
Nothing's sure in this world till we're gone. Fear disappears each time I close my eyes. It's in the air we're breathing, Oh can you taste the freedom. I'm swinging with my eyes closed. Only god knows how far it goes. Fist up in the air, Oh like we don't care.
"

I am very happy with Shania's effort so far. For years I wasn't sure what she would sound like and come up with in her music. I am no longer wondering.

Steve