Thread: TWIM album
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 01:37 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

By the way, I played the old "Wolf" CD yesterday in my van for a change. In fact, I ran it twice. Haven't played it for some time now. My thoughts were that even though only one of the songs had anything to do with her writing, Shania sang them all really nice with a lot of soul. I listened very intently to it as I haven't for a long time. It occurred to me that probably for her, it was like me going clothes shopping with Terry. What I mean is that since it was not music that Shania had written, it must have been a little hard for her to sing those songs. She is a professional though through and through and so she sings them like she owned them anyway. She has a beautiful younger voice on this CD obviously, but if you listen closely, you hear a real country singer. So take that old George Jones. Shania didn't ruin country music like you said, she can do it with the best of em' anytime she wants!

Steve