Thread: NJ Concert
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Board Administrator

Well, the seats from the OFC..were WAY BETTER than I expected....I should have taken a camera. However, not having to take pics, just got me into the concert more. Secondly, I missed having all my Chicago and Timmins buddies with me. That would have taken the show to an even more awesome level.

Opening Act-James Otto, okay, I admit, he was pretty good, and shows some promise. He does have a stage presence. I would have liked to see what he could do with a band. Some of his songs sounded "garthesque". After about the third song, they all sounded alike.

Before Shania came out, I saw her sis doing some work on the concert stage, making people were where they were supposed to be.

Now...where we were sitting, it was by the backstage access to the arena..so we saw SHANIA run out to the stage. Got a big smile, and a wave which was cool.

The opening was really cool seeing it live. The set list was unchanged from what has been posted, except songs were moved around.

Before I forget, the outfits. Shania came racing out in black pants and a Jersey Devils jersey. When she came out for FTMO, it was the yellow top, black bra, and black pants with the chains on it. For the encore she came out in black pants and a NJ Nets jersey.

She had the most kick-butt version of FTMO I ever saw or heard. When she came out of the stage with the smoke and the lights, the yellow top caught the light. It almost looked like the transporter light effect.

TWIM performance was over the top, it was incredible. I had tears running down my cheeks. It was one aweome accepella performance. Then she went into TDIMM. I noticed that the versions of the songs she is singing are even different than Chicago.

The medley...WOW!! I loved that "def leppard" inspired version of YWML. I would love that to be a song on its own in concert.

Some songs I thought I would hate, but she rocked them in concert. Pretty Face, I liked the new rockier version. I also liked Not on the Mood. It was less "britney spearish" live. Also, What a way to want to be ROCKED!! The band was goofing around with this one. When Shania got to the "chest" line, Alison stuck her chest out. It was funny.

IGGG new rockier edge was incredible, so was the country rock version of AMOM. In My Car...man Brent must be trying out for Def Leppard or AC/DC...WOW!!

The band was on top of their game and so was the "boss". Which reminds me of a funny story during the band introductions..........

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain