View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Fan Since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
I know they are going to dump on her if the album is not a seller like her previous ones, while not considering the changes in the music market. Anything she releases will be compared to the older albums, but doing something completely different she changes the whole equation.

-Chris

You stated that perfectly. I'm concerned with it being such a personal album, and Shania writing it all herself, that critics will find someway to tear into her no matter how good the material is. I don't have doubts in her talents at all, because I am a fan. But, not all critics are fans. In fact even the ones who are, often have to find a way to critique a project. She's no stranger to that. However, she is a private, more insecure artist. (As she has recently let the world in on). I wonder if this will have an effect on whether we get another album after #5. I know I should take one album at a time, but in recent interviews she said she plans to make records the rest of her life. And, in her most recent ET Canada interview she said that the next album following #5 would most likely be a Christmas album, before returning back to more original stuff (on #7)... (if we count a Christmas album as a true #6).