View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Board Administrator

I think she is beyond the critics at this point, but these morons like Toby sang about in his song do have some influence. I think she is more interested in what her fans think, and really she has nothing to prove at least to us. She may have something to prove to herself and this album couldn't be easy for her. It was the next large step in her "recovery" process. The last step in unwinding her professional and personal life that was. I think in the end it will work out best for her. Up! basically tapped out where Mutt could take an album production wise. The albums followed a similar progression as Def Leppard did between Pyromania, Hysteria, and Adrenalize. The Green Up! album should have been what she did with Alison Kraus. The good part about their collaboration was that Shania was always the lyricist, and would contribute a melody ever now and then. Now she has total control of everything something she didn't totally have. She also learned how to write better songs and what makes a song work. So now is like the perfect time for a solo effort compared to how she wrote back in 1993. She is also working with multiple producers so this album is going to be pretty unique for Shania compared to her big 3 albums. From the Vegas show and how her songs were tweaked she understand what made those songs work and work in a live environment. She won't have to deal with a producer who will make her sing out of her range etc. I also hope the producers she picked aren't just yesing her to death, and they challenge her because that seemed to bring out the best in her collaboration with Mutt.

It was fun to see their song writing notes at STC seeing who crossed out who as the songs were written lol

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain