View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 09:45 AM

Are You Ready, Green Bay?

You know she'll wear Brett Favre's #4, but will she wear a Cheesehead?

Look for Shania Twain to be way up for tonight’s Up! World Tour stop at a sold-out Resch Center. The 38-year-old pop-country diva is coming off more than a week’s rest since her last show May 25 in Omaha, Neb., which means she should be all over the in-the-round stage for bouncy hits like “Any Man of Mine,’’ “I’m Gonna Getcha Good!,’’ “Man! I Feel Like a Woman,’’ “(If You’re Not in It for Love) I’m Outta Here!’’ and “Honey, I’m Home.’’ Twain has tapped the equally slick crossover sound of Emerson Drive as her opener. The Canadian boy band will no doubt plug its sophomore release, “What If?,’’ due out June 29. Fans who have been clinging to their tickets since they went on sale last December can stretch out the concert experience by attending a pre-show party from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. outside the Resch, where the drinks will be on ice and the burgers on the grill. Twain is not expected to attend, but you never know, the smell of a Wisconsin brat over hot coals could prove irresistible. Doors at 5:30 p.m., show at 7 p.m.; Resch Center; sold out.

— Kendra Meinert/Press-Gazette

Leave it to the home of the Packers to hold a Shania tailgate party!