View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda122
I believe it was during the Larry King interview she did in 2005, Shania was asked if she would do Vegas. Shania said it wasn't versatile enough for her but she obviously thinks differently now. Maybe that's Fred's influence and/or her management's to take up the offer. Either way it doesn't do much good for those fans who have waited a very long time to see her in concert as chances are most won't be able to get to Vegas unless they win the lottery or something.

I'm with you Amanda. I love Shania and will always support her. I'm very happy she's back and isn't retiring, and I understand Vegas will be more stable for her family. It's a business after all. But it is very inaccessible for the majority of fans who helped create her success and love her. It's for those who can afford the ticket + airfare + hotel + food + other miscellaneous costs. It seems very affected and monetarily exclusive. A ticket to a normal tour show is a splurge for me and a lot of other people. I have no doubt Shania will break Vegas records and find her old voice, I'm just disappointed I'll miss it and will keep hoping she'll tour before Vegas.