View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Board Administrator

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto..._shania_twain_2

Twain, clad in a quilted pink parka (and with matching pink microphone), was still raving about her visit Tuesday to her hometown of Timmins, Ont., where she officially cut the ribbon to a museum dedicated to her career.

"I was just really proud," she said, joking that she "froze my butt off" at the chilly outdoor ceremony.

Police estimated between 700 and 800 fans congregated in Dundas Square, braving frosty temperatures to attend the live remote telecast. But Twain was undaunted as she helped deliver a weather forecast by using titles and lyrics from her songs to describe conditions across the country.

After that, she took questions from viewers, including one about her son Eja, who she described as a "fun little guy" who "loves trains and trucks."

And she said it freaks her out when she now meets, not just babies, but 10-year-old girls who were named after her.

Twain also took part in a mock hockey game that included her co-hosts, Maple Leafs star Tie Domi and a robot goalie, after which she was given a Leafs team sweater with Twain on the back and the number 00.

"That's the goofiest thing I think I've ever done, I'm sure I looked so goofy!" she exclaimed later, while getting compliments on her wrist action.

Following that, there was a cooking segment involving fruit smoothies and waffles and a quick fashion show featuring goose-pimply models wearing Shania-inspired outfits.

"I might steal some of them," quipped an admiring Twain. "I love them all. They are all beautiful. I'd wear all of them."

Isn't this what makes her so great!

So what were the outfits like?

-Chris

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain