View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 05:50 PM
.: Eja's big bwother :.

Send a message via MSN to CSCfan
Antwerp March 30th: My Review+Pics!!

Well.... here we go again!

This time.... is the last time....
Won't write a review again for a few years (if Shania will be back in a few years).... So I'll just gonna have to make the best of it!

Well.... once upon a time, in a country very close close from here a certain Queen was going to perform and I was going to be there........

We were a bit late 'coz it was quite busy on the road.... from Holland to Belgium there were busy with the road and also with the HSL/TGV (High Speed Train) railroad.... so we arrived around 4.00-4.15 at the Sportpaleis in Antwerp.... It was warm and the sun was really shinning (guess why!) When we arrived, Essie was crossing the parking lot and saw me....
Later we took a look at the main entrance but it was closed.... so just around the corner there was a door where you had to ring the bell first so we did, got in and showed the letter from the Fanclub. We were directed all the way to the back of the Sportpaleis, so walked over there.... On the way there, there was another security guy, so we showed the letter again and the guy told us to go around the corner and enter (revolving) door #1....

There we entered the door and guess who met there? Another security guy! We gave him the letter and he got up and went somewhere.... A little while later he came back with Jerry (Shania's head of Security) and we showed him the letter too.... He told us to wait... and we waited.... and waited.... until he finally came back and told us the soundcheck was cancelled and that the fanclub sent out e-mails late February (they did?) he also said Shania wasn't there.... We replied that's okay, and that we wanted to see the band, and he replied: 'the band....the band, right.... Wait here' So we waited and waited again and then he returned....! (We could make a movie and call it 'The Return of the Jerry' ) He had 2 stickers and we had to put them on and follow him, so we did. He brought us to the stage, said some things and left us.... It was about.... 4.30 then (correct me if I'm wrong Essie)? So we talked a bit and there was a strange Belgium guy who was really weird....really weird....
So after a little while Randall came with his coat on and his luggage and he said Hi (we did the same) and asked us how we were.... Then he headed to backstage.... So we waited and talked, waited and talked.... until one by one the bandmembers were appearing.... It was quite fun, they did a few songs; 'Honey, I'm Home!', Man! I Feel Like A Woman!', 'When You Kiss Me' & 'You're Still The One' (2x). At the beginning Cory noticed us, waved and smiled. And during one of the songs Randall spotted us again smiled and pointed his guitar at us (we were supposed to take a picture, which we happily did!)!

During the Soundcheck they also did a bit of Juanita!! LOL!! That was oooo funny! Cory & B.B. were making those cow noises! :And suddenly one of them was saying very loud: 'BOEEE' It was really fun.... before we knew it, it was over and they left the stage. Only JD & Randall were left. Randall was up in the Tier accross us practising 'The Woman in Me' and like Essie said, J.D. was painting/writing on his shoes! lol We took a few pictures of him behind his drum kit and talked a bit with him. We asked if we could expect any surprises and he said he couldn't say anything....
Then he got of the stage 'shaked' our hands (actually, it was a 'fist shake'.... you know, fist against fist) and left.... Randall was still practising.... While were about to leave, 2 roades passed us and they asked if Essie was my girlfriend and I replied she wasn't.... then he suddenly took Essie's camera, shove it into the other guy's hands, swung his arm around her and asked his mate to take a picture! Then he asked if I wanted to take a pic with the other guy! Crazy guys!

So we left and to our astonishment Cory & Allison were sitting near the exit reading their mail! We (Essie) said hi and good luck tonight to Cory, he replied and we left.... Near the 2nd door we turned around and both took a quick shot of them behind their laptops! (with flash or course! lol! So they immediately looked at us....)

Well.... after that, we both returned to our parents (and seperated) and got something to eat....

The doors opened at 6.30 and we (parents+me) got in at around 7.... I made a little note in the car which I wanted to put in Shania's hands.... (It said that we fans were a bit concerned about her health and that we hoped her holiday will do her good.... I also asked about Marc and if Shania read the Dutch fanbook)

So were at the entrance and I had to open my bag.... this time I put the digital camera in a hidden pocket inside the bag and the normal one just in the back.... so that guy searched though my bag a few times and found my digital! I was so nervous! He told us that it wasn't allowed and then he found the 'normal' one! And he told us that one wasn't allowed either!! So he gave us 2 choices: leave them at a desk and retrieve them after the concert, of take them back to the car.... Well we did the latter.... I sure as hell wanted to take both ones! So I was in doubt wheter to put them, so I decided to do the same as in Holland, I put the digital camera in my pants at the back (my dad did the same with the normal one).... so we went back and went to another security man & woman.... so he searches the bag and then he told us 'don't throw the clogs on stage, ok?' So we laughed and got in! Phew! That was close!

Once in there was that Merchandise stall again.... Ka-Ching! I persuaded my mom to pay half price of the Hockey Jersey! And after loooong thinking she said okay! I also bought the cap....I wanted to a poster too, but decided it would be better after the show, because such a long item could be annoying during the show....

We entered the arena and there weren't many people yet so we got to our seats (we had 2nd row tickets, but like with most cases there was only 1 little first row on the short sides, so 1 one of the 3 chairs we got, was 1st row and I got to sit there! )....
We waited and waited and waited there until it finally was 8.30........

To be continued........
Céline Dion » New X-mas album ['09] || "Taking Chances" World Tour DVD/BR ['09]
Sharon Corr » Brand new solo album [2009]!