View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 07:22 PM

Tom,

Your kilt will get pressed really flat if you put my pc on your lap to do all your typing when you're here. It's a big desktop. But you'll have some time before we head off to Timmins a couple days after the concert in Grand Rapids. I think I have about 4 pc's here, 3 keyboards, 3 printers and 2 monitors. So we should be able to find a size that fits the hands of a great Scot.

I looked into renting a laptop for our trip so you can post while I'm driving the 12 hour route to Timmins. But there's too many problems with the ethically challenged ones, stealing software so rentals aren't feasible. Do you have a PDA with internet access? I still don't have one and remain uninformed about their Internet capabilities. I see the Senator/Days Inn has wireless Internet service in Timmins. But sounds like you have to have a laptop AND pay $9.xx/day for the connection. Our friends George and Teri at timminsweb will help us with Internet needs, however.

I've stayed at the Super 8 Motel, the Senator/Days Inn and now at the Bon Air Motel in Timmins, in 2001, 2003 and 2004; to see what each is like, and write a review for other members who visit there. Each has a distinct advantage. So far I like the Senator the best, but I've not seen the Bon Air yet.

Tom if you are on the high seas again in August and unable to attend the convention, after paying for it; some of us are trying to assist another exceptionally deserving fan. You could consider joining our effort if feasible and appropriate.

Bob