View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Shania has said, "You can get to know me through my music". This concert IS Shania Twain. She also once sang, "I want to get to know you". Shania was in charge of the content of this concert and therefore we can get to know her more.
I have been writing my thoughts and feelings of the concert and need your help.
I need to remember what songs she sang at which costume change.
I know she opened with "Gonna getcha good", which she did. She arrived on a suspended motor cycle, reminiscent of her arrival at the CMA. (Celine opened her concert with "I drove all night, to get to you.")
We all know of her camp fire scene as Eileen Twain. Of course, very touching. More to say about that later. I wonder if there were some moments of emotion during rehearsals or if it was all business.
The country scene was pure fun and enjoyment. Costume was "lots of fun" (Party for Two).
As was pointed out by my wife, there was the revealing scene of the black horse confused and running in the burning fire followed by the snow and white horse and then the emergence of a Beautiful Shania Twain in a pure white gown. Does this represent the last 8 years of her life?
She closed with the spectacular and well known "Man, I Feel Like a Woman".
Some of the media are writing about the entertainment aspect and what she should or should not change in the concert. They are missing what those here know about who Shania Twain is. You have studied her life, read all the books and her book, saw the TV specials, have gone to Timmons and Deerhurst, done needle points, and have had personal contact. I know she will be true to her life and music and keep the concert for truly what it is, her own thoughts and feelings, and for all, awesome entertainment.