View Single Post
Old 10-25-2003, 03:52 PM

Shania Was Awsome!

This was the best concert I have ever attended, by any artist. I had seats on the floor about 20 rows from the stage. Shania made her entrance just to our left, and her final exit to our immediate left. When she sang "The Woman in Me" in the seats she was directly behind us about 10 rows.

I had also attended the Shania concert in Grand Rapids on 10/4. That was a smaller venue and the crowd was not as rowdy as in Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills). The crowd in Detroit was REALLY into Shania. There was a couple of teenage girls who were having a birthday that Shania allowed on stage for a picture with her. Also, a middle-aged gentlemen was chosen from those who purchased tickets to support "Kids Cafe" to meet Shania on stage.

After the concert the local Country radio station (WYCD 99.5) was taking calls from fans leaving the concert. Everyone I heard agreed the concert was awsome! They were also playing Shania songs about the rate of every other one.

One thing, the concert was very LOUD! My ears were ringing for several hours afterward. Perhaps, it was just that way for those of us on the floor, but I really didn't mind.

It was a great experience that I will always remember.

Detfan