Thread: L.A. Concert
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 05:44 PM
shaniaholic

L.A. Concert

OMG!! Shania was so awesome, intergetic, and funny. Her voice was sqeaky and hard to hear at times, but it was so fun!! Shania did not sing TWIM, but she did sing FAFA and SNJAPF. There were many funny parts througout the concert. But first, a lady proposed to her now fiance on stage it was so cute and everyong was going AAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!! really loud. When the lady proposed, she was on stage, but her fiance was in the stands, so shania was like, you better get your butt down here. When the guy got to the stage, she told the lady to get down on that knee again!! LOL!! Right before Shania started to sing TDIMM, she started to talk about Brad Pitt. She said, you know that Brad Pitt lives here (meaning L.A. area) and everyone, well all the females, started screaming. She then went on to say that, no, she hasn't met Brad Pitt before, but he is "pretty cute", which I totally agree with. She then said, in fact i think that he is sitting somewhere over here and pointed to a seating area in the 100s area and again, people started to scream. But she said just kidding!! It was really funny the way she said it. After talking about Brad Pitt, she started to talk about Ashton Kutcher and how she has met him, but has never been punk'd adn thank goodness for that. Again, more screaming female fans. Because, if she did get punk'd she would get really POed (except she really did say the words), and that we would see the bad side of her. I wonder what her bad side is like?? LOL!! Shania then went on to say that the people making the punk'd show should watch out for us females who are PMSing because we are two completely different people when we are PMSing!! Shania was so funny! I think that this was one of the most funniest times that I have seen/heard Shania!!
I wore 4 glow sticks to the concert, and was in the 200s section. I was hoping that she saw me and/or my glowstickd cuz I was standing up, bouncing up and down, and singing for most of the concert!!
When I was leaving the Staples Center with my mom, I heard a lot of people talking about the concert (well, of course they would!!). But I was kind of surprised at what some of the people said. This one guy was talking to what seemed to be his wife and said that is was pretty good, but told her that not all the music was live. The wife didn't seem to know this. Is that true?!?! Also, a few ladies were saying that it was good, but her vocals were a bit weak. My mom also commented on Shania's voice. She said that it was weak and kind of bad sometimes. I told and explained to her that she was sick though. I thought that Shania sang pretty well, even though it was obvious that she was having a hard time getting some of her notes out, but I give Shania all the credit I have to offer her because she is sticking to performing and finisheing this tour even though she is sick. Way to go Shania- you are the absolute best performer there is and ever will be!!!! I love you Shania!!!!!!!