View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 10:35 AM

COOL! It seemed like a good turn out and it seemed like Shania had fun. I hope she has just as much fun on Good Morning America in the U.S. I hope they make it fun as well, that is always the best side to bring out in Shania!

Shania Twain turns TV host, co-anchors special outdoor version of Canada AM

John Mckay
Canadian Press
November 3, 2004

TORONTO (CP) - Country diva Shania Twain turned TV host Wednesday, delivering the weather forecast and conducting a cooking segment on CTV's Canada AM as fans roared their approval.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," laughed Twain, who joined Canada AM regulars Beverly Thomson, Seamus O'Regan and Jeff Hutcheson at a special outdoor broadcast at a downtown square.

Twain, clad in a quilted pink parka, was still raving about her visit Tuesday to her hometown of Timmins, Ont., where she officially cut the ribbon to a museum dedicated to her career.

"I was just really proud," she said, joking that she "froze her butt off"' at the chilly outdoor ceremony.

Fans who congregated Wednesday also braved frosty temperatures, but Twain was undaunted as she delivered the weather forecast by using titles of her songs to describe conditions across the country.

After that, she took questions from viewers, including one about her son Eja, who she described as a "fun little guy" who "loves trains and trucks."

She also took part in a mock hockey game that included her co-hosts and Maple Leaf Tie Domi. Following that was a cooking segment featuring fruit smoothies and waffles.

For their part, Thomson and O'Regan were left in the unusual position of segue-ing between jokey segments with Twain and news updates about the cliffhanger U.S. election.

The show wrapped up with an appearance by Canadian Idol winner Kalan Porter who sang his new hit single Awake in a Dream at the end of the program.

Twain fans were encouraged to line up early in the downtown square to catch a glimpse of her.

Some camped out for hours in the rain on the weekend in order to secure a wristband for the post-broadcast autograph-singing session at a local record store.

The Canada AM co-hosting job is one of two appearances Twain has agreed to for CTV.

The network has also secured her for Shania's Homecoming, a prime-time special to be telecast Nov. 29.

The last time Twain and CTV collaborated was in 2003 when she hosted the annual Juno Awards in Ottawa.

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits, a CD chronicling 18 of her chart-toppers - plus three new songs - will be released Nov. 9 by Universal Music Canada.

It's Twain's first greatest hits package.
http://www.canada.com/national/nati...94-024ea94f8a72