View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Board Administrator

R.L.: Is there a favorite moment that you already have in this show that you have created with your director, Raj Kapoor?

S.T.: That is a tough one. I think the one I am enjoying the most, at the moment, is the medley. I can’t really explain why, I don’t know, I have got to do the show more to really fall into my favorite place, to be honest with you. But then there’s also the most emotional moment in the show. I hope I don’t cry. If I do, that is OK. I will just cry. I don’t want to tell you because I want you to see it. I know you’re coming to see it on opening night, but I want you to experience it and me not tell you in advance.

R.L.: What secret can you tell me? I know the video is the most extraordinary mapping overlay that has ever been created for a show.

S.T.: That is true. Technologically speaking, it will be awesome. Well, what can I tell you? There will be a live horse in the show. It will be El Alcazar. He wasn’t the horse I rode in on for the official arrival. That was Molesso, and he will also be in the show if you want to know that, too. Alcazar is actually the white horse that is in all of the ads, and that is the actual horse that is in the show. The one that is in the Caesars commercial.

Don’t come thinking they are going to light up like Robert Redford did.

We are not doing anything like that. It is a lot of production, but it is not a Cirque du Soleil production. It is more organic. There is a real contrast of organic and technology. That balance is really the beauty of the show.

R.L.: You saw this show in your head, obviously, before you started putting it together with Raj. Has it come together the way that you first envisioned it?

S.T.: Oh, definitely. It had to evolve because everything I wanted simply wasn’t possible. So one idea replaced another. I rolled out the whole storyboard, and then we just narrowed it down, and in some cases we added or came up with new ways of doing things that I wanted to do. It is all happening, and the whole personal story is there.

The way it has turned out has me very happy. Raj is wonderful in every way. He’s got such a cool head, and I am like a bossy boots down there. He is just so nice all the time. It is amazing. It is just really lovely. It is good, and I think we are still working really well together. I am happy with everything and everyone.

What we already have accomplished is wonderful. I’m so excited because everybody else gets more excited. Nobody, except for me and Raj, really has the full picture yet. So, as everybody is going through rehearsals, they still have never seen the whole thing at this stage.

We’ll run it full in bits and pieces this week just before Thanksgiving for the first time. I want the stage full on for the lion’s den test previews. We start those next Tuesday, and then we’ll know it all for sure.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain