View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM

SAS
I'd like to start the club here, on this site, develope it, then extend it to other sites including the official site. I'd like to have a core group of folks who have an interest in putting this thing together-and they don't have to be runners or walkers as everyone has a role in this kinda club. I'd love to pic a name for the club-I like "Team Shania" Miles for Meals Club but whatever folks want and whatever would encourage participation and support of the effort is fine with me. Using a name like "Team Shania" obviously would need to be approved by Shania or someone with that right of approval. I'd love to develope a team running/walking shirt with a team logo to wear in the events (Dax could be a great help here-I see Shania in a jogging suit holding a small childs hand as she Power walks or something like that. There would need to be a plan or mechanism for the actual fund raising itself as well as a method of donating the money to the charities (after a fan con running/walking event in Timmins would be a great time as far as I'm concerned). I'm wide open for ideas at this point-that's why I started the thread. I'm gonna do this myself one way or another but I thought it would be so much more valuable and productive if done by this site. DOC
A never-ending song of love and the reason for your rhyme.

Thanks-ST