View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Ever since I became a fan back in 1998, and read bios on Shania, I always felt there was something much deeper in her childhood than we were ever going to know about. Watching this show and reading the autobio have confirmed that, and how! It is simply amazing how she has survived considering all that went on when she was growing up. I have the utmost respect for where she's been and where I am sure she is going now. I will never forget what she said when CTV did that movie on her life "Shania, A Life In Eight Albums", She said something like: "they will never get it right, they can't because they really don't know what happened". I am nearly half-way through the book now, and I have to admit that Eilleen Twain has got a lot of guts to share her very tough life growing up with the world.

I think if I remember right, that in the Behind The Music episode for Shania, it told about a couple [can't remember their names] who took her to Nashville before Mary Bailey and on the way home, the wife literally threw Shania out of the car. To someone not familiar with Shania, they would probably look at her as a spoiled brat. But, in reading this book, you see that, yeah maybe she was a little testy in those days, but going through what she did as just a kid you can see why she might act that way. I'm not judging her for this, I'm just saying now I can understand where she was coming from. It's also obvious she was well on her way to her throat closing up long before Nashville, Mutt and divorce.

Steve