View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 05:44 PM

Birmingham NEC concert 23/02/04

I saw Shania in concert for the first time ever at the NEC Arena in Birmingham, UK on 23rd February 2004. It was such an honour to have her play in the Midlands. I loved every minute of the show and rest assured I was on the floor the whole time dancing and joining in with her songs, as she asked the audience, "Is there a rule here that says everyone must stay seated?" (Personally, I have no idea why they wouldn't get up). Not that you need me to tell you how much of an incredible performer she is and how her band just blew everyone away, and it was cool that JD Blair wore and kept his Birmingham City soccer shirt. The band made a joke about not having enough tour buses and about BB's hair being so wild from sleeping on top of the roof or something like that.

I laughed at the comment Shania made about having to watch her waistline after she asked a man what he was drinking, which happened to be Carlsberg. I thought it was great how she interacted with the crowd and how the stage was set out, and the charity raffle was a fantastic idea. I only wish I could have got better tickets, which my sister booked for us, but at least I got to go and I didn't have that bad of a view. I would like to have got her autograph though, or go up on stage and give her a hug or even sing one of her songs with her. I am looking forward to seeing her in concert in the future, hopefully she'll return to Birmingham.