View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Administrator

CONCERT
The Arena opened just 5 years ago, but inside it looks much older..it is part of a great entertainment complex that includes a movie theater and plenty of restaurants..cool place overall. :cool:

The crowd was overall good and very warm: they sang a lot, knew all the songs, even the new ones and clapped a lot..but not too much standing..people on the first tier where I was too could stand up and dance only if they move to the side where there was space..
This was my first time seeing the concert from the first tier and was really a new experience: you see different things...Shania started the concert by wearing a pink sleeveless top on an orange one: same black pants..I noticed for the first time how long she holds her protective position after the final fireworks at the end of UP!, I also noticed that Roddy is the one playing the fiddle solo during DBS...the 3 fiddles whenever they are playing together seem always to be on the opposite side of the stage from Shania..
First people on stage: the winners for the raffle that benefited a children charity "Bernardos"...the first winners were two teenagers who had the right numbers bu the wrong ticket color .. Shania made the comment: "So basically colors do not matter..LOL!"..she was very witty last night, but not as high energy as the previous shows...the band too: they were all musically and vocally perfect, but the spark was not there...the previous concerts were much more energetic: maybe because there were not feeding enough from the crowd that was warm and fun, but not LOUD enough...
So since the first winners did not have the right ticket color, the real winners show up and they got themselves another pic with Shania...
Second outfit of the night: a Bodyglove light green top with white stripes at the side..,same pants..a couple of ladies kissed Hardy's hands... Both Randall and Marc went into the crowd to get pics with ladies there...Marc actually played his solo guitar part for IOH on his knees on the floor..LOL!
Second person on the stage: a 6 year old girl: her mother gave Shania a note during Ka Ching: Shania called the girl UP to sing with her because it was her birthday..the girl was very shy so no singing..then Shania talked to the mother whose name was Carrie-Ann and Shania said: "That's my sister's name.." She went on commenting on her own mother's Irish name (Sharon) and her grandfather (George Morrison?) and her own birthname (Eilleen)...the crowd loved it.
Shania then later read a note from a couple who gets married on Saturday...they wanted her to sing FTMO: Shania said she does not sing that..but the crowd cheered, Shania repeated that, the crowd cheered even louder..so she did 10 secs a cappella of FTMO, and said she forgot the words..lol..at the first Wembley concert during IMC Shania sang in the mike: "...and I forgot the words of the song"..LOL! ....

TBC