View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
tower

How else do you make a point. Do you want me to say C&W is not as popular in England... That wouold be true but that would not get across just how UNPOPULAR it is across the border with less than 5% of the English expressing any interest in Country and Western programming AT ALL***.

*** Source phone poll survey of 100 English towns and cities by the Community Radio Assc. of Great Britain in July 2003. I was an active member until November of last year.

Than look at the same poll for Scotland:

73% and Northern Ireland 82% and I think you have to agree that my previous statement is indeed not out of context. I know my Radio, I should I have been in the Music and Entertainment industry since 1967 and that is longer than many members here have been alive on this planet.

And I am afraid that in Europe the English figure is rather a little on the high side.

It is for this reason Shania does an International version of all her songs and leaves out the country Twang outside North America, though on Party for Two I can not tell any difference between the versions they both sound good to me. I prefer the International version of "That Don't impress me much" I find the Country and Western version as featured in Video in the DVD Platinum Collection has a weird guitar rift on the Intro that just does not sit right with me compared to the pure Pop recording.