View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 06:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shaniafan2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Shaniafan2000
Okay, I don't know who this guy is.....

From Amazon.com

Shania Twain--reclusive, happily married, mother of one--has sold more than 40 million albums with flirty, hook-laden, beat-heavy, country-tinged pop that has all the subtlety of a musical wet T-shirt contest, yet is as irresistible as Swiss chocolate and Pringles. There are a few heartfelt, moon-in-June love ballads on this generous and long-awaited 20-song collection, which includes three new songs along with all the predictable chart-toppers and near-chart-toppers. But it's the mostly non-stop, uptempo booty-shakers--too often with garish overproduction and vapid lyrics--that, for the unconverted, tend to run together after a while. No doubt, this relentlessly upbeat retrospective will keep Twain's millions of fans jumping up and down on their sofas. --Bob Allen

"garish overproduction and vapid", oh please....while this review isn't completey bashing her, it might as well be with that sentence thrown in there. Sheesh, I don't trust critics of any kind whether they are talking movies or music. Anyway, there's enough people out there that have enough sense to not believe this guy.

~Steven

"I'd love to wake up smiling, full of the joys of Spring, and hear on CNN that Elvis lives again And that John's back with The Beatles and they're going out on tour. I'll be the first in line for tickets -- gotta see that show for sure."

~Lyrics from When by Shania Twain and R.J. "Mutt" Lange.