Thread: Moline...
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:28 PM

Part 2 - Continued from above.

A couple funny moments during the show were as follows. During the 2nd set, she called up two pre-teen girls to sing IGGG. Right before they came up on stage, her necklace fell off and she made one of the girls put it back on her before they could sing. The other girl was wearing a T-shirt that said “Texas” and Shania asked the girl where she got it, and I’m guessing she was expecting an answer of either on a trip or some funky store. The girl said she got it at Kohl’s and everyone in the arena laughed. Shania said to the girl ‘Never give away your secrets.” )

Then later on in the 2nd set, she called up three teenage girls to sing YSTO. About mid-way through the song, one of the girls took the mike right out of Shania’s hand and took off around the center of the stage just totally getting into the song. The look on Shania’s face was priceless as she tried to grab the mike back from her.

Then right before the confetti snow storm during RTC, Shania tried to get one of the guys in the pit to come up on stage with her. She was really tugging at his arm and he was really pulling in the other direction like he didn’t want to go. Then when she realized he wasn’t going anywhere, she bolted up to the center of the stage just in time for the confetti to come down. It was like she was having so much fun dancing around the perimeter, that she forgot where she needed to be in a few seconds.

One other note, instead of the sport jersey, she opted for a John Deere T-shirt. Smart move on her part since Moline is home to the international headquarters for John Deere and most people in the area probably have deeper feelings for that company than any one of the minor league sports teams. When she came on stage with it, she said “I know how you like your John Deere around here.” All in all a good time was had by all, the crowd was really loud and into it. Shania entertained us, and I hope we entertained her as well.

I’m going to attempt posting some photos below.