Thread: Howie Day
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

Howie Day

I'm watching Regis and Kelly this morning and they have slated as one of their guests a singer named Howie Day. I think I've heard of him, so when he comes on I listen. He sings all alone with an accoustic guitar. He has a nice voice, a little like John Mayer's. He kind of reminded me of a folk singer on this song anyway. So, when he is finished Regis asks him where he is from and he says "Bangor Maine". I thought that was pretty good to have this guy out there from Bangor. Our little ole' State doesn't get a lot of big-time credit for things, so this is kind of special. Now in case you've forgotten, Hardy Hemphill's from Bangor also. I am not sure whether either of them are natives, but it is great anyway. Bangor is getting more popular all the time. They've hosted the National Folk Festival for three straight years. This year it has moved on, and of course let's not forget the Roger Miller classic "King of the Road." - 2nd verse - "Third boxcar, midnight train, destination Bangor, ME."

It turns out he has lots of websites. This is his official one:http://www.howieday.com/

The CD is called:Stop All The World Now (SPECIAL EDITION VERSION)

The guy seems to be talented. I hope he does well.

Steve