View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Board Administrator

R.L.: I thought the horse was -- to put it politely -- pretty frisky following 40 lady horses. Some carrying foals, but all female, and he was definitely “interested” in all of them!
S.T.: This is why he probably was more animated than usual; he wanted to just be with the pack, of course. I thought, OK, I am just going to go with the flow. I have ridden horses for many years, but when it is a horse you don’t know, you don’t really know what they are going to do so; there was an element of that. I guess that is what I love about them. I love being around them for that reason. They just demand your focus and concentration, and it is good for me. It is good therapy for anybody.

R.L.: Are you going to ride on a regular basis while you are in Las Vegas?

S.T.: Oh, yes. I hope so. In fact, when I was here, just visiting, earlier on this year even before we started rehearsals, I saw a couple of mounted police riding down the Strip, with the traffic, with the cars and everything, and I thought I’d love to do that sometime. I wonder if I could organize that? Just to go on their police horseback duties -- and at that time we hadn’t planned our arrival ride down the Strip.

R.L.: I love the idea of you being policewoman Twain for a shift!

S.T.: We should have gone down Twain Avenue, but it was all good, it was really fun. I have to ride there and get a photo taken under the street sign.

R.L.: Las Vegas has really opened its heart to you and welcomes you. We know that you live in Switzerland, the Bahamas and have a tiny log cabin hidden away in some mystery forest in Canada, but now you are calling Las Vegas home for two years, maybe longer. Does it feel like home yet?

S.T.: Definitely. It really does. I am surprised, to be honest. My producers AEG do such a good job, and Caesars Palace, they are just all so good at this. I thank Celine [Dion]; I honestly do because she has been here for so long. I think everybody has learned how to make the scenario work through the experience of Celine. And any artist who comes here. I am just totally happy here. They have just done a great job of making me feel at home, and I totally do feel it already. I’m going to truly miss it when I take a little break between our shows.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain