View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Board Administrator

'Bad to appreciate the good'
Leach: I don’t want to dwell on the ugly journey of the broken marriage, the shock of discovering your husband is having an affair with your best friend and the divorce. Do you think you really had to go to the very bottom to get back to the very top and appreciate it?

Twain: I think the contrast is necessary to appreciate both. You have to have the bad to appreciate the good. I’m always grateful for that part of the bad ... I think you learn to appreciate the simpler things whenever you come out of a difficult time. I thought I never wanted to find love again. I didn’t want to. But now I have, and it’s become very beautiful.

Plans for December 2012
Leach: Walk me through to December 2012. Where do you think the calendar is at this point in terms of creating the show and then rehearsals and then coming to Vegas?

Twain: I’m going to spend the summer homing in on who’s going to produce it. Now my imagination is really going to go wild, and I’m going to let myself dream a little bit, and what would be the most fun and the most fulfilling artistically for me, knowing that this is much less limited than any touring show.

I will be working on a new record, as well. Then the fall and winter will be spent doing preproduction for a couple of months, and then we’ll go into genuine production, and then I would like three months for rehearsals.

"...Living, Loving, Laughing and Dreaming....."-Shania Twain