View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Since 1998

No. In my opinion, I don't think it will return to the charts unfortunately. And from what I've heard from a variety of people, UMG Nashville is not aiming for radio success as much as they are album sales. I do think the lack of promotion for the single is a bit sad. They could've had Shania on ONE more show in addition to her appearance on TODAY. It's not too late, but even one more appearance could have kept the steam going for a second consequitive week.

Now, for the album...I fully expect her team to promote it like it's the only album out on the market (talk shows such as Ellen and all the late night circuits, appearances on GMA, Live with Kelly and Ryan, a performance on the season finale of AGT). It would also be ideal if they could have her strike a deal with a new product and be the "Covergirl" for their brand. They need to push this hard.

I feel like her team put too many eggs in the 'name basket' for the lead single. The name SHANIA will sell albums but it doesn't go over well with radio and never has. Take a look at the last few singles from the first part of Shania's career :

"When You Kiss Me" (Peak: #60)

"Party For Two" (Peak: #7) - the exception + it was a duet with Billy Currington who was a new artist at the time.

"Don't" (Peak: #24)

"I Ain't No Quitter" (Peak: #45)

"Shoes" (Peak: #29)

"Today Is Your Day" (Peak: #36)

---
"Life's About To Get Good" (Peak so far: #33)

Radio has always given Shania the cold shoulder. That's not going to change 15 years later. But, her team also needs to be behind the song.

If they ever get around to releasing the music video for LATGG, it could help the song imensely in the sales department. And, we as fans can help it get to the top of the video charts. She could even be nominated for a CMT Video of the Year Award for the video, next summer.

The album will be eligible for a Grammy nomination as they cleverly scheduled the album's release date on the last eligible Friday (Sept. 29) for the 2018 Grammy Awards.