View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight1
Yeah - the hockey team lost but truthfully many people here did not think that they had enough team preparation time before the Olympics - in fact they had none at all and just got together for the 1st time in Turin - because of the NHL schedule - that should not happen next time.
The situation was the same for all teams. For example many Finnish players arrived very late to Torino, no ice practise before first game due to the snow storm flight delays and also gear stuck in Paris where they changed flights.

In my opinion if they are going to have a break in NHL for the Olympics, they should allow a couple of extra days for preparing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock

-Chris
Love that cartoon Dax made for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbspock
When did the Olympics start allowing professionals in? Has it always been the case?
I think NHL started to have an Olympic break either in 1994 or Nagano 1998, at least I remember a really big buzz for the Nagano games, so maybe that was first?
Finland were so happy winning bronze there against Canada, even if the semifinal against Russia was a cruel one, Pavel Bure made 5 goals in that game, waiting in the blue line for a pass which he got several times

Finland-Russia 1-0 at the starting moments.....