View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 05:10 AM

Send a message via MSN to chicker
Irish News
20th Feb 2004

Canadina superstar Shania Twain amde country cool in Belfast last night when she rocked thousands of fans at the Odyssey Arena.

The singer raised th roof in her firstever appearance in Northern Ireland, in the first of two dates as part of her Up! World Tour.

Both concerts sold out in a recordbreaking 25 minutes, and Shania definately did not disappoint theloyal fans who had waited so long.

After and enthusiastic warm-up by supporting act Bjorn Again, the QUeen of Country began the show with the hit Man! I Feel Like A Woman, from her nulti-million selling album Come On Over.

This was followed up by a mixture of songs from her new album Up! and previous release The Woman In Me, including the crowd favorites You're Still The One and Honey I'm Home.

Dressed casually in black trousers and an orange top, Shania still looked her very best, refreshed and relaxed from time off afther the birth of her son.

The atmosphere was electric as Shania used the excellent central stage to invite the whole crowd to sing along.

Fans of all ages, many decked out in stetsons and cowboy boots, caught the mood and eagerly joined in.

The finale Rock This Country was nothing short of spectacular, with the singer leaving Belfast in no doubt why she is the most successful female solo recording artist of all time.

Jacqui Canavan
Make all our hearts blind to colors