Thread: Moline...
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 08:27 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the boards, but have been lurking for quite some time now, enjoying reading everyone’s concert reviews as the tour has progressed. So I thought it was finally time to post some pictures and comments regarding the concert I most recently went to.

So here we go, Emerson Drive opened the show from 7:00 – 7:30pm. Shania came on stage around 8:00 and left about 9:40pm. The set list was the same as what has been reported for the last couple of weeks, so no surprises there. It seems she has cut out about 8 songs and 30 minutes from when I saw her last fall, near the beginning of the 1st leg. She continues to perform the songs that she has left in the show with her usual high energy level and gives her typical 150%, however it is evident that she still has some serious voice problems. This was most apparent during TWIM and when she sang parts of YSTO with 3 teenagers that she called up on stage to sing that song. It seems the range in her voice was severely limited and she couldn’t hold the long notes for more than a few seconds. Her voice problems were covered up on the rest of the songs when the band was at full force and the way her mike is mixed, distorts her voice to like a “chipmunk” sound. It sounded totally different from a more “true” sound of what I heard last fall. Don’t get me wrong, all in all it was a great show, but due to her voice problems and subsequent shortened show, the concert didn’t reach her typical gold standard that we all are use to and know she is capable of delivering when her voice is working properly. I think she is trying her best to handle the situation by keeping the tour going and delivering a quality performance for the fans, yet not risking permanent damage to her voice at the same time.

Part 2 - Continued below