View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 11:11 PM
Ausgezeichnet

Hi Portacoino and Lucy.
Let me tell you Lucy that I suffer the same in my country. We also speak Spanish, and Shania is almost not promoted too in my country.
In my country you can listen lots of latin artists as Shakira, Ricky Martin, Luis Miguel, Thalia, and some other spanish artists as David Bisbal, La Oreja de Van Gogh, etc. I really dislike all those artists. Also, in my country, you can listen lots of trash music from USA or Europe like 50 Cent, Eminen, Kylie Minogue, Justin, etc. I hate them, they are the worst in music.
In my country there isn't any Country station, but there are some radio stations that play a little of old country, and almost nothing new. The only new Country singers I've heard are Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
I listen Country music since five years ago. When I first listened Shania Twain singing YSTO, but is curious but I didn't know who was she, later I listened FTMO, but I still didn't who was singing, and finally until TDIMM, I listened to this song and I knew Shania was the singer in those two beautiful songs. Then I get interested in her music and I became a fan very soon. Now I own all of her. It's funny but I could say I became a Shania fan before watching any of her videos. But now that I've seen them all, I say Shania is the most beautiful woman in the world together with Catherine Zeta-Jones.
COO has been better promoted than Up!. From Up!, only IGGG and K-C! have been listened in radio, and now they began to play FAFA on the radio. IGGG was a good single for an artist not very well known, but K-C! had a terrible airplay. Up! has now been included in pop stations with the red version, but even though it has been not promoted well in my country. We have around 15 pop stations but you can only listen to her songs in 2 or 3 stations. I think her records company is not very serious. COO Intl version was very good sold, and some people has told me that Up! is doing quite well even with less promoting than COO. They told me that Shania has caused a good impression in people between 20 and 40.

Before Shania, I didn't listen to Country music, but since I listen to her, I also listen other Country artists as Faith Hill, Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Alan Jackson, etc. But Shania Twain is still my favorite.
I've been in the USA and Germany many times because I have some friends and family there. And I've seen she's better promoted in USA than in my country, and I've seen Up! is doing great in Germany, maybe better than in UK. Also I've been in her German Fan Club Website, and you can read the news and realize she's doing very good there.

For me is not easy to accept the way she's been promoted where I live. I've been thinking about moving to USA or Germany when I'll finish my studies, because is better to get specialized out of my country. I hope not to find problems because as I've said German and Spanish are my native languages, and I also learned Italian from my father, and I learned English when I was very young.

I really believe Shania is great, and she's so great that even with no promoting she sells incredibly, because I've read her promoting in USA has very awful too. UMG and Mercury should analyze her diamond (Shania), and give her more support.

Thank You!!!!
Danke schön!!!!
Gracias!!!!
Grazie!!!!