View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 08:00 PM

Another Great Review!

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C...36243%2C00.html

Jazz-clad Twain gives fans energy-laden performance
By Pat Reavy
Deseret Morning News

SHANIA TWAIN, Delta Center, Tuesday.

Singer Shania Twain played to a sold-out crowd at the Delta Center Tuesday night wearing a Utah Jazz jersey, blue jeans and sneakers.

Michael Brandy, Deseret Morning News
She's a little bit country. She's a little bit rock 'n' roll. It's a formula that has proven successful in Utah in the past. But mostly, Shania Twain is an outstanding all-around performer.
The pint-size superstar rolled her big in-the-round stage production into the Delta Center Tuesday night, cranking out 18 songs plus a medley of four others in an energetic two- hour show. Opening with "Man, I Feel Like A Woman!" Shania kept the crowd on its feet for upbeat songs like "Up!," "Honey I'm Home," "Love Gets Me Every Time" and "Don't Be Stupid."
Although Twain has the sixth-best-selling album of all time, "Come On Over," and is one of the music industry's biggest stars, she maintains a grounded, almost "aw shucks" attitude during her show. Rather than an elaborate diva costume, Shania walked onto stage wearing jeans, sneakers and a Utah Jazz jersey (Andrei Kirilenko's jersey for those who like to copy her fashion). Her interaction with the crowd amazingly made the sold-out Delta Center almost seem like a club show. Twain took time to sign autographs while singing, shook hands, invited several fans onto the stage (including one exceptionally giddy fan from Alberta who literally kissed Twain's boots) and sang an acoustic version of "The Woman In Me" from Row 20.
Twain's elaborate stage came with every bell, whistle, light and firework found in all major rock shows. Eight video screens circled the stage to give every fan in the house a great view. Her nine-piece band aptly backed her on old favorites like "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?" "(If You're Not In It for Love) I'm Outta Here" and new songs like "Forever and for Always," "I'm Gonna Get You Good!" and "In My Car (I'll Be the Driver)."
The encore started with Twain's big crossover hit "You're Still The One" and closed with "Any Man of Mine" and "Rock This Country!" under a flurry of confetti and fireworks reminiscent of a Jazz playoff victory. Overall, an entertaining and energetic show from a down-to-Earth performer.

E-MAIL: preavy@desnews.com