View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 03:19 AM
tower

Single on sale in Timmins, and it's RED HOT!

From the Timmins Daily Press

Relay starts -------

It's here! And it's red hot!

International country music superstar Shania Twain launched her single Tuesday, and it can now be found at select locations throughout Timmins. "This CD is really worth listening to because of Shania's very unique and catchy style," said Tracy Hautanen, customer service manager for the Shania Twain Centre. "It carries a fresh new sound and is not available in the United States."

Sporting a huge cowboy hat and an even bigger smile, a flirtatious Shania dominates the cover of the smartly designed CD which has a bright red background

"The main album comes out next week, but we've already noticed a definite increase in calls and inquiries here at the ShaniaTwain Centre," said Will Saari, tourism and attractions manager at the Shania Twain Centre. "What is really amazing to see is that her fan support is stronger than ever considering that it has been about five years since she released an album and almost three since she has been on tour."

The single contains two songs called I'm Gonna Getcha Good and C'est la vie, which can be purchased at the Shania Twain Centre or AVE Entertainment. The music sensation visited the Toronto's Muchmoremusic environment for a live interview Monday where she spoke candidly about her hometown and the centre, said Saari.

"She talked about the fact she regularly sends material, clothing and awards to the centre and that she is looking forward to coming home," he said. "I'm sure those comments will spark interest to millions of people out there."

Twain neither confirmed nor denied whether she would return to Timmins for a visit during her interview. "People forget just how big Shania really is and what the demands are on her time," Saari said.

"Timmins will get a visit from her in the future." Twain's full album goes on sale Nov. 19 everywhere.

------ Relay Ends ------------

When she does visit Timmins, I will be there - Yes Shania Flu will strike me down and the only cure will be to meet all you nice people and have a ball along with our Gal in her hometown!