View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 01:08 AM

Boston Concert Review

Okay... this is the "short review" because it's 2 AM here in NH.

WOW!... I mean freakin' WOW, you know like that "I can die now because life ain't gonna get any better" kind of WOW. This show was perfect... and I mean literally flawless. You can tell it's early in the tour because everyone was fresh and energized. Shania did the first half of the show wearing a Boston Red Sox shirt, and the crowd just ate that up. There were many references to the Red Sox during the show which makes me wonder what might have been said instead if the Sox had lost to the A's.

I was doubly blessed during this show because I got to shake hands with the lead guitarist on his way to the stage, and later on in the show, Shania sang "The Woman in Me" from a seat 4 rows directly behind me. That is the closest I have ever gotten to her; It was surreal. I was just standing there staring at her and harmonizing along. (Did I mention that I can die now?)

The show lasted over 2 hours, and was followed by an impressive encore. By the end of the last number, there were fireworks, confetti, and streamers everywhere... it was just an incredible experience.

I think I know how Moses felt when he came down from the mountain. I'm still "glowing" from the whole experience. I hope I can sleep tonight. Gee, I wonder what I'll dream about?

That's my 2 cents. Maybe I'll have a more rational review when the adrenaline rush stops.

One more time.......... WOW!!!!

-ShaniaGuy-