Thread: Farewell Joni
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:25 PM
OH,I BELIEVE IN YESTERDAY

I met Joni in Timmins in 2001. I liked her right away, you just couldn't help it. She made you feel like she had always known you. My wife Terry and I ended up hanging out with her a lot that week. She even let us come up and visit her in the "Shania Suite" at the Senator. Joni had a great sense of humor. She often talked about her love for her husband Neil and their kids, and of course Shania. This is a very hard thing for me to take. I haven't been in contact with her for some time now. If fact I believe maybe the last time we were in contact was when I won a bid on the Shania auction and got a French version of Ka-Ching and a Mexican version of UP.

Anyway, I want to express my sincere condolences to Joni's Family and that our prayers and thoughts are with them.

Finally, I got out my pictures from the STC Opening and found these pictures with Joni that I would like to share:

There's Joni showing her comic side while nearly wiping out FV. Warrior is right next to her, and then some of DOC's brood

Now since I'm in this one, I have to assume Terry took it. There to the left is Joni and Irene. They were together a lot. Then there is DOC in the middle with me to his left and over at the right with a big smile is the guy we called "Shootist". Don't know what ever happened to him?

Here's Joni with Chris [Spock] to her right and Timmins own CTV's Corrina Vroner, News Anchor

And finally, FV, Joni, Chris [I think] Irene and DOC ordering food.

I hope you enjoy these.

Steve