View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 08:08 AM

I almost fell out of my seat

I normally chanel surf during commercials when I am watching football games. But last night during ABC's coverage of the Falcons-Packers playoff game I watched the ads because I was eagerly looking for one involving a promo of that network's American Music Awards telecast on Jan. 13 that might include a clip of Shania.

Coming out of a commerical break early in the third quarter and back to the game, there was a promo on the bottom of the screen. When I realized it was centered on Shania, I just assumed it was the AMA promo. Then when I realized announcer Al Michaels was announcing Shania would be performing at the Super Bowl halftime and I about fell out of my chair. My friend even teased me about not p**ing in my pants.

Another thought: Do you think it is possible that Shania's people gave Rolling Stone a heads-up on this performance and the magazine delayed its cover of her by one issue so it would be on the newstands during the Super Bowl? That game is the most hyped sporting event of the year and with what will be numerous mentions of the halftime show, a Shania cover would give them a Super Bowl theme.

One other thing that I laughed at. With The Dixie Chicks singing the National Anthem and Shania doing halftime, does THAT MEAN the Chicks are a warm-up act for our Wonder Woman?