View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Administrator

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/27/a...ia-twain-top-6/

American Idol
Apr 27 2010 09:15 PM ET

'American Idol': The Top 6 tackle Shania Twain tunes. How'd they do?
by Michael Slezak
Categories: American Idol, Country Y'all!

American-Idol-Top-6Image Credit: Michael Becker/Fox;Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Image

When it comes to American Idol, Shania Twain can seemingly do no wrong! Season 9′s most delightful guest judge returned to Fox’s ratings mammoth tonight in the form of mentor/songbook subject, and for the first time since season 8′s delectable Rat Pack Week, not a single contestant stunk up the joint. Can I get a yee-haw and a what-what? Okay, sorry…I won’t attempt to get in touch with my barely existent country roots again. But the good news is, the competition that’s sounded depressingly like “Crystal, Lee, & a Bunch of Half-Interested Also-Rans” may be turning into something of a horse race. Not to mention, if Ken Warwick & Co. get smart and try to reboot the Idol judges’ panel for season 10, they’ve already got a guaranteed winner in Ms. Twain. (Who else sees the value in hiring one Shania for the price of an Ellen and three Randys?)

And now for the bad news: As Ellen pointed out, Wednesday’s results show telecast is going to be a tough one, because it’s not like 97 percent of viewers are going to hear the name of the person whose journey came to an end, shrug their shoulders, and say, “Eh. I’d had it with that Andrew Garcia dood anyway.” If I had to guess, I think this week’s bottom three will consist of High School Student Aaron Kelly, Michael “Big Mike” Lynche, and either Casey James or maybe a MamaSox shocker (because too much backtalk makes speed-dialers’ fingers freeze).