Thread: L.A. Concert
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 10:34 PM

Well, since Sheri and Debbie BOTH got their posts in before me, there really isn't much else to tell.

To answer Chris' questions, the Staples Center is a round arena and the poster was one that Sheri made with the picture of Cody and "the girl" from Las Vegas and a greeting to Shania. We had hoped that Shania would invite Cody on stage (with Mom and Dad of course!) but alas, that didn't happen. Even so, I think we all had a really wonderful time. I know I did.

Oh, besides JD recognizing us and saying 'hi', Allison also recognized me (I met her at the Houston airport last year). She had on a great sleeveless t-shirt that I commented on to her. It had a simple drawing of a bus on it and the words below the bus said "There is no place like home!"

Shania sounded and looked great to me. I wish concert goers would realize that the accoustic in any sports arena will never be "good". Because they were designed for sports events, not for concerts specifically. Any performer I've ever seen in a sports arena, has never sounded as good as their recordings. It just isn't possible. The sound systems they use (especially Shania's) are great but they can't work miracles. Either a performer will come across too loud so that you can't understand one word, or the performer will sound weak. I'd rather have a touch of "weak" and be able to understand the things Shania talks about as she did in LA than not understand anything she says or sings!

Driving home after the concert with Cody was a real kick! He pretty much continued to "rock out" in his own way almost all the way back to Jack and Debbie's house! He was singing and making noises that for the most part said he was a happy boy. He did really well all night!!

l would like to have spent more time with Sheri, Sam and Cody but duty called and that meant leaving them to get some work done. Well, guess that means I need to save my pennies for a trip to Hawaii!! Aloha Sheri, Sam and Cody. Have a great flight home.

Linda